A new patch reminds us that Mortal Online 2 is inching ever closer to persistent release. This time Starvault introduces the jungle including jungle camp as its only NPC settlement. Considering the size of this dense thicket expect to get lost 🙂
For the fans of violent animations, special death effects for different types of attacks like slashing, etc. have been added. The AI gets a polishing iteration, Wisents have been added. Stats have seen some overhaul as Tindremenes get buffed. As well as a myriad of other things you can read up below in detail.
- Added new gore system.
– Slashing deaths can now remove limbs.
– Piercing deaths now trigger specific death effects.
– Blunt deaths now have more impact.
- Added support for better death synchronization.
- Added better AI support for herd-behavior.
- Added Myrland Jungle.
- Added Wisents.
- Added new sounds for Kallards.
- Added Jungle Camp.
- Tindremene constitution cap increased from 92 to 96.
- Tindremene strength cap increased from 96 to 100.
- Increased length of two-handed axe handles.
- Replaced humanoid idle sequences / poses with new ones.
- Creatures now properly rotate in place with movement instead of swiveling like a turret.
- Creatures can now turn their head and look at players while staying stationary instead of rotating in place while doing so. (if they are interested in the player that is…)
- Creatures now bank and and turn while running around in different directions.
- Increased stats on Steel for armor crafting.
- Players now turn their lower body while sprinting diagonally.
- Character rotate-in-place is now better synced with the ground and does not cause the character body to stutter or the physics to misbehave.
- Paperdoll camera has been updated to better match the height of the character. (both preview and fullscreen)
- Characters and fauna now play idles at different timings so that they no longer pretend they are in a synchronized dance show.
- Updated the small icons to the right of your attributes.
- You can now move the chat window.
- Chatsize and chat position now get saved.
- Paperdoll now display stat caps.
- Paperdoll attribute tool tips now display clade modifiers and weight modifiers.
- Finished most of the clade buffs including all war cries.
- Tweaked AI in fleeing mode a bit.
- Changed all the attribute clade gifts.
- Creating a guild now only takes gold if you successfully create the guild.
- Clade gift attribute bonuses are no longer raw.
- Unnecessary call in character tick removed that could save a few CPU cycles.
- Hands no longer disappear in first person at grazing angles. (rare issue that only happened when just the tip of the fingers were visible)
- Left weapon swings no longer plays unarmed or handle hit sounds.
- Character body no longer stutters when turning around while stationary. (characters are also “planted” again in combat mode, but are missing rotate-in-place animations)
- Character physics on body/cape/armor/hair no longer behaves oddly when turning around while stationary.
- Blainn male hairstyle 2 are now properly attached to the head. (it had a slight detachment due to physics)
- Creatures no longer get randomly stuck in a frozen walking pose during idle sequences.
- Weight now affect max stats in char creation.
- Added clade gifts to character creation screen which update based on selected clade.
- Weight modifier for strength now affect body strength in char creation.
- Attribute increase/decrease messages should now take into account clade gifts and weight modifiers.
- Fixed calculation errors in character creation.
- Fixed a couple of issues with vendors.
- Fixed issue where clade gifts wouldn’t always trigger unless you relogged.
- Fixed issues with guild UI with lots of members.
- Fixed issue with murder list not resetting the UI making the list very long.
- Fixed issues with the clade gift experience meter.
- Fixed issues with clade gifts not correctly showing as in cool-down when used.
- Fixed street lights in Cave Camp.
- Landscape fixes.
- Optimization: One of the core game systems updated with possible performance improvements. (just a tiny bit) in crowded areas.
- Optimization: Animation code refactored/improved for players and creatures. (could improve CPU performance slightly as a side-effect)
- Crash fix: Playing equipment hit sounds no longer crash the game on odd occasions. (related to players being removed)
- Crash fix: Music playback would sometimes crash the game. (crash report seems related to login/logout but is not definitive)
- Crash fix: VOIP would sometimes crash on initialization after loading the world.
- Crash fix: Rare issue in low level code fixed.
- Jungle is still work in progress and under optimization.